Songs and Memories

Like most people on twitter tonight, I seem to be watching the Top of The Pop's night on BBC 4. As it's the big hits 1964-1975 I didn't think that many songs would open up memories but this one has:



I can see you thinking, what an odd song to bring back memories but with Mother's day looming this is a song that makes me think of my mum and smile. No one knew that she had a thing for Rod but she must have done after naming our third cat it. And the cat's name never got shortened either - she was never Mags or Maggie - she was always Maggie May.


There are also other songs that make me think of Mam and smile, there is this one always known to me as Icky Bicky Heart, even when I got her the words she would get them wrong!!:



I'm glad I have these songs to listen to , to smile to , to remember her funny moments to.

Miss you Mam,

BNM

Don't you just wish you could find out if our beloved ones who have passed on could read and see things that happen around us now - she would I know be so proud of this and as some friends told me recently some arses may also have been kicked now!
 

Comments