Cartoon Capers

This morning while watching Scooby Doo with the kids I had a thought - (bear with me it was Saturday morning) and this is the way it went:

Since having kids I've noticed that some cartoons have stood the test of time (i.e since I was little). You can still watch Scooby Doo, Tom &Jerry and even the random programmes like Thundercats are still on TV. I even saw Smurfs on telly a while back - you know the original one , not the movie! But, how have these managed to make it? Why can we not see things like:

Duck tales



Gummibears


The Lost Cities of Gold


Dungeons &Dragons

or Around the World with Willy Fog

Who is it that decides what our children should watch on TV. I can't be the only one who can't stand to watch those dancing thingies on the island on CBeebies. Why not bring back Fraggle Rock instead?



Tell me I'm not alone in this - bring back the best kids TV there was!


BNM

Comments