Easy sticky chocolate cake

I love cake - as am sure most of us do.

Last night in a whirl of domestic godlessness's and the fact that I was feeling like some comfort chocolate, I decided to bake. Now, I have an age old recipe that I remember making when I was younger with my mum so I thought I'd get it out of my book and share it with you.

Now this cake is easy and a bit different. I mean when you have this:




No, the last one is not gravy. No its what makes this


Yummy sticky chocolate cake/pudding.

So here's the recipe

4oz caster sugar
4oz margarine
2 beaten eggs
3oz self raising flour
4 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp milk
3oz demerera sugar

Cream margarine and sugar until soft and fluffy. Gradually beat in eggs and milk if needed. Add flour and 2 tbsp cocoa powder into mix and fold in. (Or do all this in food processor - like what I do!) Spoon into 2 1/2 pt dish.

Mix remaining cocoa and demerera sugar with 1/2 pt boiling water until smooth. Pour over mix (it may look a bit odd - but bear with it!)

Bake for 35-40 minutes at Gas Mark 5 until sponge is cooked and sauce has soaked to bottom of dish!

Eat , warm with custard or ice cream.

There is only a very small portion of this left which I may have in a bit....

And the girls loved it too bits, Car even proclaiming as usual that I was the best cooker in the world!

BNM

Comments