Mothers Day

I had big plans for this post and I even posted for help. But I've been busy and  I failed. I wanted to highlight all the mothers who were in need across the world, the ones who for mother's day they may not be able to see their children, be it because of divorce, illness, child in care etc. And also highlight the fathers who on Mother's Day are also mothers , the single fathers who are both parents to a child. But best laid plans and all that failed when I just didn't get going. But today please spare them a thought.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So, I was thinking about what mother's day means to me. I find it hard and seem to forget that I'm a mother to. That I have two gorgeous girls who love me to bits.
I always moan at Neb that I'm not buying a card as does he not know that my mum isn't here. My mum, who I'd love to have more time with is not here. I know that however many years go by I will never forget her, but then I think of my dad- who has been there for me and who is now parent less having lost both his parents.

But I know I am a mother, it is to me they come when the tears are falling. When the hugs and kisses and the love is shared. I seem to forget this. I don't know how or why. But I do.

To all mother's of the world, with or without their children today.
To all the fathers who are being mother's
To me, to you and all of us.

Happy Mother's Day

BNM

Update

Big mentions to  http://www.jostrust.org.uk/  who helps mothers and others with cervical cancer. A charity set up for a mother


And also Health Poverty Action and their Mothers on the Margins campaign which is working to help keep maternal health on the international development policy agenda. Plus also a big shout out to everyone who took part in the March for Mothers yesterday.




 

Comments