It's my birthday and I'll do what I want

If I get one more person asking me what I'm doing for my birthday, I will scream

I am 36 not 6, I will not be having a tea party with jelly and ice cream and I will not be going out and getting drunk. It is Saturday but I don't want to have a hangover all weekend. I cannot cope with excessive drinking anymore and when I do I'm still the one who has to get up and sort the kids out.

I won't be having a lie in today as my inlaws are on their way up with presents (for me and unbirthday presents for the girls- somethin I don't get when its their birthday and you know I am the one who pushed them out (well kinda, Car had sunroof help!))

My presents will be small, my dad might not even remember!

It's one day, I don't make a fuss of it. Unlike Neb who when still working would ensure he had his birthday off. Why, I am adult, I don't need this fuss!

For the last fortnight all I got was "What do you want?" and my answer was and still is suprise me - use your imagination but I'll probaly get a book or something and I don't want to sound unhappy and annoyed at this but I guess when you have no money and no wage (ie Neb) then you will not be inspiring. You will not whisk me away for a romantic picnic (kids can come, I don't mind), whisk me out for dinner, whisk me anywhere.

Its a weekend and work will beckon on Monday, I will still do the washing, the cleaning, the lets work out what to have for supper. Turning 36 doesn't bother me and I'll just carry on regardless.

BNM

Comments