Meal Plan - the look there's no money in the coffers edition

I think like many families January is a bit of a squeeze, I won't get paid for another 17 days and so the shop that we did on Saturday will have to last us for that long!!!

So the meal plan I have this week is using up leftovers and trying to reduce waste by eating everything!

Meal Planning Monday


So, this week we have:

Monday - Chicken Stir Fry / Chicken Dinner Part 2 (using up leftovers from the roast - Car won't eat stir fry so she will get the same as yesterday!)

Tuesday - Bacon and Broccoli Pasta Grill (using up Broccoli bought for Roast - though I will use less broccoli than stated - I'm hoping there will be leftovers so I can take some to work otherwise I'm making a broccoli soup!)

Wednesday - Toad in the Hole

Thursday - Sausage Mash and Gravy (using up leftover Sausages from toad in hole) / I may make myself a sausage cassoulet!

Friday - Homemade Pizza - I bought lots of cheese on offer in Morrisons so this will come in handy

Saturday - Steak, Tomatoes, Mushrooms and Chips - I bought frying steak before xmas so that will make a nice meal

How are you coping with this long month? Any great ideas you want to share.

BNM

As usual I'm joining in with Mrs M - I'll pop over and see how everyone else is this week....and look I even used the new badge!

 




Comments

  1. The pasta grill sounds great! I hope those 17 days go quickly for you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're lucky this month in that hubby gets paid a week earlier than usual. x2 5-week months are easier to budget for than a 6-week and 4-week month. I'm not keen on steak, but hubby does rather lilke; so I really should be nice and put that on our menu once in a while! Very nice menu plan. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lentils are always great when you're short of money. Cheesy lentils in particular with a few chopped veg is very simple, very tasty and very cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've ditched Morrisons for Aldi. The prices have crept up and the so called offers on the veg and fruit actually work out costing more.
    Vegetable chilli is versatile http://mycavalifestyle.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/batch-cooking-vegetable-chilli.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Toad in the hole - Mr M's fav. I ought to make that again soon. Thanks for linking up with #mealplanningmonday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont