Read with me at Bedtime

I love reading with my kids at bedtime. Its a part of our routine and has been since the start. It has changed more now as Car will have her  picture book and we'll then pop to see Bel and read her some Harry Potter (now finished !) or another grown up book!

Even though I love reading, I do sometimes stumble with some words (or read too fast) I think its because I'm Welsh and I sometimes don't know what the words mean!!

But I'm not the best person in the house for reading  reads at bedtime. No the one who's great at all the voices is not me. The one that the kids would truthfully pick over me is Neb.

I love hearing him read to the kids, seeing their faces as he acts out and becomes the character, it may have something to do with the actor in him but he loves it and so do they. The funny voices that no-one can repeat are famous in our house and when other people have tried they have failed! Once, when being looked after by Bel's godfather, Car has said YOUR NOT READING IT PROPERLY READ IT LIKE DADDY which may have scarred the man for life!

But he loves doing it. He loves going to the library with them and picking out books with Car.

I am happy that he does and he isn't part of the shocking statistc that says that :

" Only one in eight dads take the lead with reading to their children"

I hope that the dad in your family reads with your children. Tell them its fun. See who can read more over a period of a month. Let them take the kids to the library. See what author James Patterson has to say about reading:





For more information go to the Book Trust website for further information to Get Dad's Reading