Under the bed

That's where they used to all lie, under the bed or in our wardrobes.

I was glad to see that Dad still kept them there in his new house.

The board games of our youth (well only two, the others were not there- I guess my brother got there first)

Scrabble - dustier (8) than (7) present (9) places (10)

and then Game of Life:

This was one of my favourite childhood games, the one where I could make money and where my brother couldn't cheat (unlike monopoly). It was a game with an end and wouldn't go on and on. Sure there'd be winners and losers but it was fun. Would you end up going to univeristy or going straight to work? Teacher or banker? End up getting married and having kids to fill your car and your purse with money.

I ventured to play this with the girls at the weekend and we had fun. One major set back was the lack of instructions but we did manage to struggle on. Unfortunately Bel won, Car came second and I lost!!

The other game I remember playing with my little brother and family during those nights when the thunder would come and the electric would go off is:






A game whose questions would of course be memorised by the end!

How about you? What did you play? And have you got the instructions still??

BNM