Meal Planning Monday - the cook book edition





I actually sat and planned this on Saturday while Neb watched the grandprix qualifiying. I bought out a few cookbooks and planned .

Sunday Nigella's Greek Lamb with Lemon and Potatoes (from her Kitchen book but I've also found it here for you). - This was a semi success. I loved the fact that you put it in and forget about it (I was having a lazy Sunday) but the girls were unsure. Neb LOVED it so it may be relegated to the as Bel said "something you and Daddy can have" pile

Monday Toad in the Hole - we haven't had this for ages and am hoping to make some colcannonesque stuff for me to go with it!

Tuesday - Pasta and Sauce - Neb's at pool

Wednesday - Another recipe from Nigella's Kitchen,  Barbecued Beef Mince with Cheesy Tacos - we thought we'd try this as an alternative to Sloppy Joe Bake - I've moved this from Friday night to Wednesday at Car's insitence

Thursday -  Fry Up / BRINNER

Friday -  I've been watching the Hairy Bikers Best of British at the moment so we are going to be trying the Chicken Cordon Bleu for our Friday night eating pleasure. We thought we'd try it sans cranberry and possibly have it with Potato Rosti and something green for me!

And that's as far as I've got. I'm hoping to take ideas from everyone for next week's meal plan, either that or I'll sit there with my cook books again! I've also been trying to get ideas from my Recipe app but does anyone know how much a stick of butter is?

BNM