R is for Reading

We love to read in our house and I have lots of piles like this round the house. The girls are both eager readers with Bel reading books that are far pass her age and Car is also loving her new ability - reading signs and article titles from magazines I read now with ease.

I am trying to lessen the piles buy reading books on my kindle app though somehow I am not converted. I love the smell of new books and old books and though can see its pluses will always go back to the real thing. And as my mate pointed out, you can't take the Kindle into the bath (not that I do or with normal books either!!)

Recently we were sent a great children's picture book to review:

Jack's Amazing Shadow is written by Tom Percival. The illustrations in the book are funny and standout so well (Tom illustrated the Skulduggery Pleasant series). The book is about a little boy called Jack and his best friend his Shadow. We loved the shadow shapes to make at the start of the book and have promised Car that we will one day sit there and try and do them all! The story kept both Car and Bel entertained and even made us laugh with some of the events of the book. A definite thumbs up from all of us!

Here is a teaser from the book which was published on the 18th April and is priced £5.99

 BNM

We were sent the book to review- all opinions given in the post are mine