S is for Stars



Hand Reaching For The Stars courtesy of [Victor Habbick] / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

What better way to relax than gazing at the stars. We love looking at them in our house and now that my tablet has the Sky Map it makes my life easier. I just wish we lived somewhere a bit more remote and not had the haze of light from street lights bleeding into the sky so that the stars don't loom so bright.

Last night we got ourselves so excited because the Lyrid Meteor Shower was due. But after standing and waiting and not seeing, I googled the event and found that the best time to see them were just before sun set at 4.30am in the morning!!

I'm hoping that when we go on our holiday (in AUGUST!!) it'll be remote enough so that we can see the stars nicely so that we can point out the plough and the bears to the kids!!

BNM