Keeping them focused

or....How do I stretch my daughter's brain over the Summer Holidays.

I have a MAAT child (or Gifted or Bright) and when your 9 year old comes home with a school report that says their English Literacy Skills are that of a 15year old what do you do but smile.

And Smile and Grin and then think, Oh NO, How do I keep her at this place. There are things I know we need to work on like her writing looks sometimes like a spider is crawling around the place and she needs some practice on her tables (Math skills report age 10)

So she has joined the Summer Reading Challenge (as has Car) but Bel has read one book already! and she has 5 more waiting for her so she may have read 6 by the end of next Sunday!  She's like me and her dad and her grandparents and loves to read.


But what else can we do, how else can we keep her brain focused. Any ideas greatly appreciated

Thanks

BNM