Only 3 more days to go.......

Not that I'm counting honest but this work malarkey is getting boring now

I feel like I haven't had a holiday in years and today I'm stuck down in reception in our office and have not done a thing. The phone has rung twice and I've had three enquiries in total!

But come Friday afternoon that is it, I will be free of work for 18 days (OK some of them are weekends!). And I can't wait. We may be a bit skint for the first part of next week but I don't mind.

So things I want to do with my kids while I'm away:

  • Do some more Geocaching - we're borrowing a friends hand held gps unit when away so need to practice it locally first
  • Do some baking and cooking. Car decided last night that we should have tacos (instead of the lasagna) and loved grating and cheat chopping! *
  • Go on walks, if its not too hot we may walk up to our local folly on a hill (though I hate hills!)
  • Visit friends - we have planned one sleepover already and look forward to having adventures with my mad hobgoblin friends
  • Go Rock Pooling - I'm determined this year to find some great rock pools!!
  • Go swimming  - when all the country were sunbathing last Sunday, we went swimming to the local pool instead. Have found out that there will be free summer swimming from 2-4 all week at the local pool
  • Go on holiday - we are off the the Royal Forest of Dean in August and are so looking forward to it. If you know the area and have hints then please leave them in the comments area
  • Visit some more National Trust places and cross some more things of our 50 things to do list
  • Go to the park and have some picnics

There are some things though that need doing before we go away that I'm not looking forward to:
  • Tidy Bob the Clean washing pile! 
  • Clean the top of the cooker - its a mess but its been so warm!
  • De-nit (AGAIN!)
  • The kids arguing when they're bored - though I may make a bored jar this weekend with them
 And then there's the time at the end of our holidays when me and Neb will get a few days on our own as they are at the in laws and I have booked some extra days off. So we will be:

  • going to the village carnival on our own to see the bands and drinking lots
  • NOT arguing 
  • Relax
  • being lovely to each other**
I hope your enjoying the summer holidays and not still stuck in work. I will be blogging next week but then there may be a quiet time where nothing comes out as the cottage we are going to is without broadband!!

BNM

* I don't use knives and have a chopping machine which is safe for the kids to use
** Yes I do mean that!!