McAfee live safe review

How many devices do you have? Are you a multi-appliance house? And are they all protected?

I never knew you could have a virus software on your smart phone but my phone is more of a brick than a smart phone. Luckily Neb has a smart phone so when I got asked if I wanted to review the new McAfee Live Safe to protect all my devices I said yes.

When the parcel arrived you don't get a disk but a number that you scratch off and put into the website. Neb noted that if our internet connection had been slow that this may be an issue and thought a disc would have been better.

The whole process to add Live Safe to all our devices ( computer, tablet and smart phone took 40 minutes)
You first upload the software to the computer - it got rid of the old software that was on the computer, restarted and carried on uploading the McAfee. Then it asked what other devices you wanted to add - to add a smartphone it sent a text message and an email to the tablet. The set up was easy and then voila we were protected.

A part of the package is that it can locate your mobile phone or tablet if it was lost or stolen. A great plus point to have on the system and it works. We tried it out and it pinpointed it to the correct street!

I like the tablet security as unlike my old system it scans and backs up on a regular basis. The software package which contains McAfee Live Safe Mobile Secuirty ensures that we are protected against dangerous code, apps and sites as well as filtering out mobile spammers.

McAfee Live Safe retails at £79.99 for a year and in my opinion is the best all round software for protecting all your devices. McAfee conducted a report earlier in the year, which showed that Brits now own over 3,000 digital items (such as photos, videos and documents) and now I know that mine are safe.

BNM

We were sent this product to test courtesy of Tots100 and McAfee. All opinions given are my own