Christmas Food - Oil


If your like me you will cook a lots of things in oil over both the festive season and beyond. Last night I made a roast vegetable mix to try out the new oil I'd been sent:

Now Good Oil is  a Hemp Seed Oil produced on a farm in Devon. When I opened the bottle and smelt it the aroma is of nuts that first hits you and with culinary uses the same as olive oil you can use it for everything this Christmas. Its an ideal gift for a foodie especially as its suitable for vegetarians and vegans, naturally high in omega 3 and contains nothing artificial: no bleaching, deodorising, herbicides or pesticides. In addition, hemp is one of the most sustainable crops on earth and is a great CO2 sequester, with none of the crop being wasted.

Last night when the kids had tuna, pasta sweetcorn I cut up some vegetables (red peppers, mushrooms, onions and tomatoes) swirled Good Oil over the top and roasted them in the oven for 20mins at Gas Mark 6.


Delicous

Good Oil is available to buy in Tesco, Sainsburys and Waitrose and is used by chefs like Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall.

BNM

I was sent Good Oil to review. All opinions given are my own.