Its nearly summer - break out the barbecue

So its been kind of sunny here recently and the girls thoughts are starting to turn to barbecues but while we still at home yesterday and had not much food left in the fridge I decided to make hot dogs.

Now my kids and husband don't like hot dog sausages (the tin ones) I went and bought some sausages and some buns.

The normal toppings in our house is ketchup, French's mustard (Neb and me) and onions (me, Neb and Bel).

For a change we had a new sauce to taste:

The blurb for Newman's Own sauce says: Made from all-natural ingredients, the Smokin’ Hot Dog Sauce has all the flavours of American style mustard with an added hint of smoky chili. It’s a full on, full-flavoured accompaniment that is a perfect condiment for a summertime BBQ.  

And our reaction - well Car didn't like it - I think mustard is something that she will get when older.

Bel liked it a bit whilst me and Neb thought it was super delicious and makes a great topping for hot dogs

But I can also state that not only is it yummy with hot dogs its also great with pork chops, as an alternative to sour cream on a chili and am sure will be used for endless other meals.

The Smokin' Hot Dog Sauce is a part of the new American condiment range from Newman's Own and will be selling in a Morrison's near you soon for a rrp of £1.89 a bottle.

BNM

I was sent a bottle of Smokin' Hot Dog Sauce for the purposes of this review. All opinions given are my own.