The list about life

I have two girls and sometimes I wonder what will become of them. Its not easy being a girl or a woman in a man's world but I hope that some of my red hair will come through in them, in their nature if not in their head!

So, I thought I'd make a list of things that they need to know when their older.

1) Be strong willed

I know your dad doesn't like the fact that I'm strong minded but believe me it will carry you through your life. Let people know that you won't take no shit from them. Let your own mind lead the way. Your way is right, and even if we don't at first agree with you, we will trust you.

2) Learn to laugh, love and cry

You will love and laugh with someone and you may get your heart broken but learn to find friends that will support you, who will give you not only a shoulder to cry on, but their favourite teddy too. Do not be over sensitive or a cry baby but do know that having a good cry sometimes helps. If you need me, I'll get the ice cream.

3) Love each other, be true friends as well as sisters

I never had a sister but I have a younger brother who I'm not that close too. But you know that this nag is one that I will keep on at you for a while yet. Love each other, be there for each other and stop the fighting now. Don't lose touch in the fact that you are family and don't be too pig headed like me.

4) Boys

Boys or men, whatever they are they're always 6 at heart. Have fun with them, play with them but always be careful. Make them aware of your boundaries and never let them use or abuse you.

5) Girls

If you decide that boys aren't for you then that's fine too. But remember that for every nice girl there's also a bitch. Girls are the meanest species, and will fight and bully till the death.

6) Beauty

Its in the eye of the beholder and also from within you. Do not worry about the images you see (they are mostly photoshopped). Eat well, eat healthily but do not over worry about your figure. Do not bend to all the latest trends and fashions, just be yourself

7) Death

There will becone a point in your life when either myself or your dad may not be here.I hope to grow old and wear purple but if I die at a younger age then remember to take your time to greieve over me. Do not lose sight of the fact that I love you and will always be here or there in yoyr hearts and in pictures. It will take a long time for the grief to start healing and sometimes the pain never stops but time will help

8) Money

It makes the world go around for millionaires but its not the be all and end all. Be frugal and live within your means. Do not get into debt, its a mugs life.

I was hoping to write a list of 10 but I have nothing more at the moment to say. Do you have daughters? What would you say to them?

BNM





Comments