What the hell?



So as you may or may not know (depending if you read this blog regularly or not) that I don't really do current events, or current news events.

But one thing this week, has made me go

1) Why life imprisonment is no longer life imprisonment

To me, if a person takes another persons life then they should get life in jail (or the chair but we don't roll that way in the UK, mores the pity). I think that if they take more than one they should get consecutive life sentences, I mean kill one person get 25 years (or whatever life means these days), kill 2 get 50 and so on.
But no it seems that its against someones human rights to be kept in prison for life. Why, I ask? They took a life and eye for an eye, shouldn't it mean they should be incarcerated for life.
I've read and seen a couple of news reports (yes I do watch the news I just normally shut off if its boring...) and "under current law, whole-life tariff prisoners will almost certainly never be released from prison as their offences are deemed to be so serious. They can be freed only by the Justice Secretary, who can give discretion on compassionate grounds when the prisoner is terminally ill or seriously incapacitated" (taken from the express on line)
With the recent case of Mark Bridger, April Jones killer in my head I can't see how a family is meant to find peace, if they know the killer has been released. I know that I would be in pieces, knowing that he could do it again? Is it just me???

BNM