Christmas Food - Chutneys

Christmas, the time when the leftovers can pile up and you end up eating them for days.

But I've found a great range of products that can make the plain sandwich taste nicer, make that pile of cold meat sing.

The English Provender Co. is the home of naturally scrumptious curds, chutneys, condiments and salad dressings since 1979.

The first one we tried is the Ploughman's Plum Chutney (rrp £1.99). I tried it in a sandwich the other day with some ham and cheese and its delicious. Surprisingly after reading the label it has sultanas in (which I don't normally like) but the rich taste of the chutney made my sandwich sing.

The next one, I opened was the Caramelised Red Onion Chutney. Now, I'm a fan of onion chutneys so Neb asked me not to eat it all at once (I haven't yet!) but I did eat it with a bits and bobs platter of cheese, ham and cooked chicken on Sunday night. Delicious.

We've yet to try the last product I was sent

but I'm looking forward to trying it on Christmas Day with the Turkey.

All the products are free from artificial colours and flavours and is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.

The sauces and chutneys can be bought at Asda, Tesco, Waitrose and Booths.

BNM

I was sent these products to review. All opinions given are my own.

PS If you pop over to the site now you could win a Downton abbey weekend break!