Hand me downs

I'm sorry for posting my H for the A to Z blogging challenge so late in the day, its taken me ages to think of anything. I think its because I'm back in work and have actually managed to get quite a bit done!

Anyway having two girls we use a lot of hand me downs in the house. Most of Car's clothes have been at one point Bel's. And Bel is also lucky to get hand me downs not only from her best friend in the street Los but also from my work colleagues daughter Tac. Some of the clothes we've had have been never worn and have come from higher end town shops e.g. Gap, H&M, Next etc, places we don't normally shop at.

Car may not always appreciate the fact that her clothes aren't always new but I know that the last time I bagged some clothes up and took them to my cousin it made her smile. She told me that it had bought back memories of her and her brother getting bags of clothes from me and mine and fighting over things. I hope she didn't mean that her brother was aiming for my skirts!

We've also been lucky not just to get clothes, but single duvets and bedding (when a friends children were getting double beds), wellies, trainers and coats.

A couple of weekends ago we helped again and passed down our cot to Neb's brother, who's first child is due in a month.

I love hand me downs me and would love it if I could get some, anyone want to give me sone clothes??

BNM

Comments