Building bridges


Stone Arch Bridge courtesy of [Julie A. Wenskoski] / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

If you've been following the blog for a long time, you'll know that I've not been seeing eye to eye with my mother's family. Since my grandad died left year, things were getting better and then on Sunday I got a phone call from my Aunt.

Both my brother and I were lucky to be left extra money from my Dadcu (grandad's) will (as mum's heirs) and she was ringing to say that it was now over. I did mention that I was shocked to receive so much extra but that I was thankful for it having bought us a new car!! and a holiday with it. She then asked if I'd seen the grave stone and the inscription on it.

Her and my other aunt (mum's sister's) have added mum to the gravestone. Something my dad apparently knew about but failed to mention. I feel so lifted - I have somewhere to go at last. Somewhere I can talk to her.

We're popping over to see my aunt at the weekend as she told me that there were many pictures to troll through. I also have a small album with pics of mum and my grandparents in that I want to share with her. Hopefully these small first steps will help build the bridge and we can step back into what we once lost.

BNM