You could cut my leg off

I like food. In fact I love it. Most kinds too- apart from dried fruit and aubergines!

So when I was having a horrendous pain in my jaw last week, I was very good and rang the dentist. Which was o.k. until my appointment when she told me I had a rotten tooth and I had to have it out...Aaaagh.

Tuesday came and I was very brave, ok not that brave, actually a bit petrified and in I went leaving darling Neb outside to wait for me. After a lot of pulling and wrenching and some noises I didn't want to hear later it came out. Then the list was given of what not to do, no sleeping for 3 hours, no alcohol, take some painkillers (not aspirin) and NO FOOD unless it was soft and not hot, and nothing until numbness had gone!

Off Neb took me to local supermarket to get painkillers and soft food, yoghurt, tinned rice pudding and some eggs for egg mayo!

The kids had their supper and I sat there hungrily, I did manage to eat the tin of rice pudding but still I was hungry. Later that evening I managed a egg mayo sandwich with crusts sliced off but I went to bed hungry.

I was hungry until I managed to eat some food at a buffet lunch I was attending with work.

I got in the car to go home and Neb laughed as I said I'd had some food. He laughed further and said "you'd rather have a leg cut off than go hungry wouldn't you!"

And yes I would!

Comments