Movie Meme - (also known as at last I finally join in!!)

I've been following this meme for the last month or so and only now have I decided that I should in - and the reason why. Well, the Movie Meme (over at Metal Mummy)  has hit Week 7, and  The 80's has been chosen as  a prompt.

Now, I didn't have to rack my brains hard for this film, which was released in 1988 and only recently have I found it again available on Amazon. This is a film, that I saw on TV (possibly in the early 90s) and was recorded and watched and watched and watched until the tape broke.






The film is Satisfaction - although I have heard that it was changed after coming out to Girls of Summer (something to do with one of the cover stars becoming famous and not thinking the name was suitable....!)
As a teenager, I loved this film (did I mention I watched it countless times) and its story about a group of friends who try and make go of their band.

Also as the film is about a band there is loads of singing in it - something we all did into a hairbrush when younger (or is that only me again!). The soundtrack was released at the same time as the film and contains the original cast members singing the songs they sang in the film including Iko Iko (which you can listen to here, along with the other songs for the film)

One of the best quotes from the film is when some of the girls are at a party and they say:
Where's the dips - The dips are dancing.. which obviously in context is funny.

Another good thing for the film is that it starred Liam Neeson - who to this day is one of the older men I would do (you know in the biblical kind of way!):
I mean I know he looks young there but still quite hot and now well :


And he also still has a hint of an Irish accent which does make me go a bit weak at the knees.





So what do you think? Isn't it a good cheesy teen film (of which I may treat myself to now that I've found it on amazon). Or are you still unsure - if so I managed to find a trailer for it here

If you want to join in or see the other 80's movies, then go on over to Metal Mummy's blog here

BNM

Comments