Birthday Meme - 14th July



As a reader of The Five F's blog, I was happy to see this birthday meme come up (I wasn't tagged but am joining in anyway). I love finding out things so am joining in. If you fancy joining in too, then pop over here, read all about it and let's make this list huge!

So here are my answer's to the questions:

When is your birthday? 14th July

Pick three people who share your birthday and share what you know about them.
 So with the help of Wikipedia here are mine:

1) James Abbott McNeill Whistler, I have heard of him, he is a painter and not the person from American Pie.

2) Emmeline Pankhurst - cool, suffragette

3) Taboo- American rapper and not the drink. In Black Eyed Peas and a year older than me!

When I was in big school another girl in the same year as me shared my birthday and I thought it was cool. We now wish each other Birthday wishes via Facebook!

Is anyone listed as being born on the same day (year) as you? If so, what do you know about them.

There are 3 and to be honest without looking them up on Wikipedia, I would never have known:

1) Ranj Dhaliwal - Canadian Novelist - and has written two books with a third to be printed next year, books are gangster novels called Daaku -I've never heard of him!

2) Kirsten Sheridan - Irish film director and screenwriter - as I know nothing about any films , I have no idea who she is

3) Geraint Jones - got a bit confused when I saw this as went to school with a person of the same name and thought it also might be my cousins husband! Anyway this one is a English cricketer born in Australia to Welsh parents!

List three people who died on your birthday and tell us what you know about them.

Have just realised that am not meant to give you Wiki detalis but my knowledge (so here's hoping I know any of them!)

1) Richard McDonald -  I know who he is  died in 1998. He is one half of the brothers who made McDonald's and without him I would have been jobless from 1998-2000!

2) Quentin Roosevelt - died in 1918 , After checking, he was the son of American President Theo Roosevelt but died a year before his dad (which is sad) and he died in combat.

3) Billy The Kid, died 1881, famous American outlaw/cowboy!

List three notable events that took place on your birthday

1) 1430 - Joan of Arc was captured, I love the story of Joan of Arc and always thought she'd be somebody good to be friends with

2)  The tape measure was patented in 1868  (I don't know if that's very notable but most of the events have to do with the next question and you'll have to wait!)

3) First photos of Mars were taken by Mariner 4 in 1965

Tell us about a holiday that falls on your birthday

I actually know this without looking it up - 14th July is Bastille day in France, ie the anniversary of storming the Bastille prison. When I was younger and doing french exchanges I loved it because everyone celebrates Bastille Day and it was like having a huge party with fireworks and celebrations just for me!

It's also flag day in Sweden and also the feast day of 7 saints!

Well, I found that all really interesting but a bit disappointed that there were no hunky stars born on the same day as me.

If you want to join in, follow the link (up top) and lets make this linky big!

BNM  
  


Comments