I'm not wonder woman

Imagelink


I've learnt over the past week, that I'm not wonder woman. It's come as a bit of a shock to me!

I always thought that I was a fantastic woman - a woman who works, looks after kids, house and husband (yes in that order) and I could do anything. But Tuesday my idea changed.

Tuesday I went on a course to do with work (very interesting it was too, even if the coffee was vile!) and set off at the ungodly hour (only seen when a)children were small or b) coming home from a night out in student days) at 4.30.

4.30, a time of day when it was dark as the pit and when I was hardly awake. Yes, I had joined for the day the commuting army. I, take my hat off to the several women who I saw on the journey, the pristine women, the awake women (I was half asleep!), the women who may have had lives like mine.

I am a working woman but I have not and possibly will not meet the wonder woman standards of commuting women. I did not enjoy the commute or the tiredness that crept over me as the day progressed. I was a gibbering wreck by the time I came home and the kids just drove me insane!

BNM

Did you know that today is international women's day - so yeah to all of us in whatever we do!





Comments