School Taster

" So if I don't like the look of it , I can stay at nursery"

"Do you think Daddy will be OK on his own without me!"

These are a few of the things that Car said on Monday night because yesterday she had a morning at school - the school she will be starting after Easter.

Yes, it seems that time is coming around again, the time when my babies become a part of the education system. Car, now 4 is at the threshold of school.

While putting her to bed on Monday night I had the talk with her about manners and what do if she wanted to go to the toilet - I have to put my hand up like this mummy! What if I want to fart at school! Oh burgers (yes its her version of oh bugger - oops Mummy must say it less!)

Yesterday she woke with a bounce in her step and was ever to happy to eat her breakfast. I then got a little voice going "What am I getting to put my pack lunch in?"I then produced the lunchbox that had been festering sitting in the back of the cupboard and her face lit with joy. So much so that in the car on the way to work/school she refused to let it go.

Unluckily for me, I had to be in work so couldn't drop off so after dropping me off at work, Neb took them both to school. I rang him after my meeting and found that she had been a bit wary of leaving him and gave him a huge hug.

Then, I rang at 2 , after her morning stint and Neb told me that she had a tantrum and refused to leave school. Ah, well at least we know after Easter she will be fine.

Car gave me the lowdown on what happened yesterday:

We played with bees and one of the twins put her hand up and said what weather it was. I didn't though. Then we counted butterflies and did some colouring in. Then we had our milk - but mummy the grown ups don't have milk. Then we played outside and I had fun. Then we had  a pirate story and then it was lunch and then Daddy came home. I think Daddy missed me Mummy and I gave him a big hug and one for you too. But, I'm happy we didn't do maths as I think that will be hard.

BNM

Comments