Sumer Holiday Fun - the ongoing saga

Well you lucky things your not getting just one post but two mangled together!!

Let's start with Day 1/2

Day 1/2- 20th July 2012 - Kids break up for summer holiday

So, yes the kids broke up yesterday at 1.30 and the little angels devils came to meet me at 4! It was a nice sunny day and Neb mentioned that some of the mums had decided to go to the pub (pub near school with beer garden!) at end of school and seeing as it was sunny and I could hear the cider calling me we joined them.

Now many had been there and not drinking but you me, will never say no to cider and bought a round in for me, Neb, ribena for Car and lemonade for Bel and we went and joined in. Now, I felt a bit odd as some of the mums are students that are in my department and the others I don't really know that well as obviously I don't do the school run. But, I sat down and we had a laugh. The kids played and played. I got talking to J (mum to twins A and N) and when her husband finished work she started drinking (I can't blame her for not drinking before hand the twins are great but a handful , both being 4 and I think one Car is enough for me so having two the same!!)
Most of the other parents wandered off at about 7 but J and husband D stayed, and we all had a fab time. Highlights of the night include, me looking like a mother goose taking all the kids to the loo, me mixing A and N up - but I seemed to get better as the evening got drunker, A deciding to show the whole pub her bottom and the very loud game of Chinese Whispers played by kids while waiting for their chips!!
We all walked home at 9 (having had to leave the pub with kids then) and I can honestly say that I haven't had that fab a time in ages. We have promised to meet up again and my girls were suitably knackered after their fun afternoon!

Day 1 - 21st July 2012, sun is shining and I am tired!

 Feels really odd calling it day 1  - seeing as its a weekend and I'm in work on Monday!

Woke up suitably tired with Car joining us in bed. Chucked Neb out of bed and had a mini sleep read in until 10. Kids played for a bit outside then we had to pop to get car from pub.

Got car, went into town and ended up having a fab cheap afternoon, sausage rolls for lunch eaten on the seafront and then we were lucky to have a Punch and Judy show taking place.

Mr Punch is 350 years old and the kids enjoyed every minute of it, as did the adults. Did have camera in bag but forgot it was there so didn't take any pics. Girls were suitable happy with it with Car's best bit being the Devil! And Bel loved the crocodile. It makes me sad that we don't have more Punch and Judy around anymore but at least now they have seen one show. We are also lucky to have a exhibition on Punch and Judy at the local museum that we have vowed to go to before the end of the summer.
As we left the sea front, I bought the kids a pink and white Mr Whippy each and our very cheap afternoon came to an end (5 sausage rolls - £1.45, 2 ice creams £2.50 (one cheaper than the other as I asked for a smaller one!)

Came home and kids went and played in the sun while I made paella. Paella was a hit(ish ) with Neb, Bel and me but Car well she ate the chicken!

Looking forward to have some more fun and cheap days out with the kids over the coming weeks especially as have now also organised their stay at Neb's parents!

Hope your days have started well

BNM

PS no Welsh today, you lucky people!!
 



Comments