That is the mood I am in today.
I HATE WORK at the moment. I came back last week and that was easy and fine but after writing my to-do list yesterday I nearly burst into tears. I have soooooo much to do and with many deadlines on the horizon I have even been taking work home.
I normally don't feel stressed, I can normally carry it on with no problem at all but it seems that the relaxing break over Christmas, the enormity of everything I do has finally caught up with me and I don't know how much I can take.
I know that the first step in relieving stress is realising you are stressed (I have been doing some reading on the Internet) but then the other steps they give :
- Meetings. During stressful sessions, stay connected to your breath. Massage the tips of your fingers. Wiggle your toes. Sip coffee.
- On the phone. Inhale something energising, like lemon, ginger, peppermint or coffee beans. While talking, stand up or pace back and forth to burn off excess energy. Conduct phone business outside when possible.
- On the computer. Work standing up. Do knee-bends in 10-minute intervals. Wrap a soft scarf around your neck. Suck on a peppermint.
- Lunch breaks. Take a walk around the block or in the parking lot. Listen to soothing music while eating. Have a quick chat with someone you love.
- Your workspace. Place family photos on your desk and display images and mementos that remind you of your life outside the office.
have some steps that I can't see myself doing in the office, I mean can you see me standing up and burning off energy in a shoebox shared by three people. And as for taking calls outside well really!
So, short of hitting the bottle every night (which is not really a good thing) has anyone else any suggestions for what I can do in work to keep myself destressed!!
And of course when stressed the other thing I do, is not to do the work that needs to get done and write blog posts in work!!!