One soup and another soup....

I love soup. It is my comfort go to savoury food stuff that will make me smile on  a rainy day.
So as part of my lets not get bored with lunch routine I decided to make some soup!

SPICY LENTIL SOUP

This recipe is taken from my Gordon Ramsay' s Ultimate Cookbook:

275g red lentils
2tbsp olive oil
1 large onion
2 garlic cloves I only used one
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
2tsps garam masala
1\2 tsp ground ginger
1\2tsp ground turmeric
1tbsp tomato puree or I used tomato sauce as we'd run out.
800ml chicken stock


  1. Fry onion and garlic in oil for 4-5mins until soft
  2. Stir in spices and tomato puree and cook for 2 mins
  3. Add lentils and stock
  4. Simmer for 25-30 mins or until cooked (you may need to add more water if it gets too thick)
  5. Puree a little and eat.
And to prove that it was nice, here it is:


See I did actually eat it in work and my desk looks remarkably tidy (well that bit does anyway!)

And the soup - well it was great - it may look like something I hadn't seen since nappy years but the taste was fab.

I'm adding this recipe to the Cook It Blog It weekly linky
BNM