I think I may have raised a kleptomaniac

Now having two kids you think I'd be used to them losing things (and not in the I've put it down overthere kind of losing like I do - I mean you know I know really where things are - I just need to test everyone else!).

So it came that yesterday after our trip to Morrisons (as I forgot to defrost the mince - bad mummy) that she wanted to play with her DS. We have told her time and time again that she needs to keep it safe, her responsibility to put it away and look after it. And if not, then we have told her the consequences.  And could she find it - no, she couldn't, Neb even went upstairs with her and looked and then gave her the consequence speech - whilst unbeknownst to him Car came sauntering into the living room carrying a blue DS - after my shock of seeing it in her hand, I asked her where she found it - and she said in the angelic way that only 3 year olds have:

"I've been playing with it under the table Mummy..."

At which point I had to call both Neb and Bel downstairs and explain what had happened, whilst telling Car off - her little face was so upset, but without asking she apologised to both her sister and her dad. She then sauntered off again to play under the table.  Now, knowing that she had gone quiet (again), I called her and asked her to bring me what she was now playing with...and in she walked with the ..."Broken Ds" mummy (yes that one, the one that bad mummy broke and has been meaning to sell!"). Trying not to laugh at her ability to hide things and take things without anyone noticing, I asked her where she had got them - so she told me plainly over there.

We've now had the conversation with both the girls that went along the lines of a) Bel can you not leave things where your sister can take them and b) Car, please do not take things that are not yours.


So, now as well as making sure that Car doesn't demand things in shops - I now need to keep an even beadier eye on her to make sure she hasn't picked anything else up......


BNM

PS - Do you see that pretty badge at the top of the page - you know that you can nominate me don't you (and if I don't make it out of the closet in time to go I'm sure I can find someone who could go in my place.....)

Comments