The Joys of a Working Mum

As you all know by now I am working mum (unless your new here and if you want to know more about me, go here), and as a working mum, I think there are many joys to my life. Let me share them with you:

a) being able to pee without disturbance from the two girls, or the cats (this is also a bonus if you have the train in the station because you then don't have to explain why you have a string - and why you can't pull it Car!)

b) being known by your name and not as Bel's mum or Car's mum or mum or Barenakedmummy

c) being able to drink a whole cup of coffee without it going cold (thus stopping Neb from moaning at you!)

d) being able to eat scoff a bag of mini eggs without anyone saying a) Bel - what are you eating and b) Car- I can smell chocolate - can I have some or c) Neb moaning because I ate them all myself!

e) not having to worry out state of dress for school run  (obviously as working mum I would look better than all of them ahem!)

f) know that ability to multi task will stand me well during school holidays, sorting out kids, husband, house etc

g) being able to walk into clothes shops and try them on, without having anyone saying or doing one of the following : " I'm bored", "This one", "Let's play hide"! (obviously this only happens when in the mood for shopping!!)

h) being able to have a grown up conversation - even if sometimes I do try out stuff that's happened to the kids on my unsuspecting workmates before deciding whether or not to blog them (if only they knew!)
 

Obviously as you all know being a working mum is never easy, especially as the work never stops once you leave the office (even when you have a stay at home dad/non working spouse!). But I do honestly love it and I couldn't go without it. There are always times when the stress gets too much and work has to brought home, but sometimes it can be the other way round , when the kids have made me pull my hair out and the husband driven me to despair there is somewhere (other than here) that I can run too, hide, be myself and act normal!

Anything else anyone wants to add to the list, please do so below

BNM

Comments