Meal Planning Monday - 20th January 2014

We stuck quite well to the meal plan last week apart from yesterday when we skipped on the roast chicken and had gougons and chips instead.

I also did some baking of biscuits : Viennese and peanut butter cookies over the weekend (I'll post the recipes later this week) and hope to do some more this week. I find it very relaxing on an evening to bake something nice and it means that we don't have to spend so much on biscuits for the house!

This month is stretching on a bit now so this meal plan is a plain one (although I did have to go and buy some stuff as we seemed to have run out of most things including the staples like pasta and tomatoes!)

Monday - Toad in the hole, gravy and broccoli

Tuesday -  Tuna and Pasta for the girls, either leftover chili or curry for me (depends what I grab first from the freezer)

Wednesday  - Chicken wraps and home made wedges

Thursday - Burgers and Chips (not home made but from the 3 for £10 meat buy in Morrison's!)

Friday -  Home made Pizza and possibly home made dough balls (well I'm going to try!!)

Saturday and Sunday - Undecided as yet though I do have some turkey steaks and some mince in the freezer (from the same meat buy) so will have to see what I come up with!! Although Saturday is Santes Dwynwen Day so me and Neb may have a romantic meal or a curry!

I'm also hoping to do some more baking this week. The plan is to make : something with lemons - lemon drizzle cake, something with carrots - carrot cake or soup and some more biscuits!
 
Hope your not feeling the pinch too much .. January will be over soon!!
 
BNM