Frugal Half term Fun - The Library



We all love using the library at our house and its something I remember doing as a child - except back then it was this we'd use:


http://www.flickr.com/photos/llwyngwair/7412878528/
 (yes, we lived in a remote village and lots of old people needed to use the library so instead of making them go to Aber on the one bus a week they used to bring it around. I guess it was a godsend for my mam with two young kids and they never used to penalise you for returning work late.)

Anyway, back to the present day. Our local library moved recently and though both Bel and I were members no one else was. So to save money on buying books we have made it a Saturday thing to go the library.

Car, with her new love of reading, (I'll tell you more later this week) absolutely loves the library. She would I think stay there and is very good at making herself comfortable while I wander around to find books. She also loves the revolving doors and if we let her would be spinning round and round in them.

Bel as we know also loves to read an am glad that she has found somewhere with lots of books to keep her interested - School seems to have only some that she wants to read and with her reading age now at 11+ this is only going to increase it.

Me, well I love it too - have to try and make 3 books last a week but have read some fantastic ones lately. Mostly Dan Brown esque ones and then some forensic detective ones. I will add a list to the blog soon of any good ones I read.

So fun day out, no money spent and happy kids.







Comments