THE BUGS ARE BACK




So after a carnival day, a kids party (with hangover from said carnival) and some minor itching the bugs are back!! AAGGH!!

I better explain something first - after Bel being in reception class in school for nearly 10months we hadn't had them. I believed the old wive's tale that redheads didn't attract them and was probaly being a bit lax when the letter used to come home saying that they were in school.
Then one day I noticed that I was itching as well as Bel and so went to check Bel's hair and there they were!! (Oh god - tried not to scream, they don't tell you about these kinda things in the becoming a mum book!!)
So, next day comes along and off I go in my lunch break (YES I'm a WORKING MUM, get over it!) and I go and look for some stuff. Now as we are on tight budget (Neb lost job last year and I am now main breadwinner!) I bought a non chemical tea tree conditioner and a comb!
So that night came and Neb did Bel (minor party happening), I checked Car (fine!) and then Neb did me. Well I have thick red hair and they seemed to be living the life of riley in there. So then I did Neb who was revolted to find that he had some too ( he swears blind he never had any as a kid and that boys don't get them!!)
Several nights passed and even after wet combing the buggerrrs were still there, so as we were due to go off on holiday to in-laws I decided to get tough and use chemical spray and lo and behold they went.


BUT NOW, THEY'RE BACK... I've just sprayed Bel's hair and sent her to bed and before I go off to bed I'll do my own......

BNM

ShowOff Showcase

Comments

  1. Bleurgh. I've so been there. However I do find nit busting quite a bonding experience now!
    Love the name of your blog and thank you so much for stopping by and commenting on mine. Great to have you here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome!

    I haven't had to face this yet - Flea's just starting school this term, but I actually don't know how I'll drop myself from shouting EEEWWW the first time I see a bug, thereby giving flea some sort of horrible, lifelong self-esteem crisis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting comments Tara and Sally. I got soooo excited when I checked in and saw them!!

    Sally, even though I don't like them I try and make a big game out of it and play get them bugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont