Eye eye





Eyeglasses courtesy of [khuruzero] / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

I wear glasses and I always have as far back as my early childhood and at primary school where I had really revolting NHS thick glasses.

I did swap to contact lenses for a while but I think that many years of abusing them while at university (water not being the best place to put said contact lenses) I stopped for a bit. I have been back to them since them but as I have a funny left eye (it has an astigmatism) and I had to have weighted ones I gave up on it.

On Friday, me and Car went for a trip to the opticians. Me, because I hadn't been for more than 2 years and Car for her first visit.

So on Friday, I went in first and was sorted out - am getting a newer prescription and therefore 2 new pairs of glasses of different colours so I can change my style as the man in the opticians told me (I rolled my eyes at Neb at this point as its not something that happens regularly in our house!)

Then Car went in and she came out looking OK, until the said aforementioned man came over and said So you need glasses. Bless her, we had tears and a bit of a tantrum but after some calming down and helping to pick mine she let us lead her over to find some for her. We found a lovely pair which will be ready next week and they are only to be worn when she's concentrating. I hope that by getting her a pair now we can make the problem go by the time she is older!

I've told Car that me and her are in a special club now and it means that glasses means we're super clever!


BNM