Truffles - great gift for anyday

Like many people I expect, me and Neb had our Valentine's meal on Saturday as he was working.

So, Friday night left me home alone and whilst the kids were watching TV I decided to make him some extra treats.

Treat 1 - Homemade truffles

First ban husband from kitchen (he hadn't left for work at this point!)
Then wait for ever for tablet to turn on and to find recipe ( I cleared said tablet of non played games and now it works like a dream - OOPS full memory!)

Chop block of dark chocolate
Melt 25g butter and small pot of cream together until simmering
Add cream mix to chocolate and whisk.
Add some amaretto, and then a bit more and maybe a bit more for luck!
Leave to chill in fridge for about 4hrs (or until you can't stand it any more)

Get two bowls, add desiccated coconut to one and Sugar and Crumbs Chocolate Cherry natural flavoured cocoa powder to another.
Find melon baller and a mug of hot water.
Sit by dining table with tea towel on lap and prepare to make a mess

If making the truffles then remember a) you will get messy b) stick melon baller in hot water often!

They may not look the best - but am always a bit rustic in my making and baking. The taste though is lush (cherry and amaretto works well!)

The truffle recipe I used was from the BBC Good Food website and theirs look a lot more professional!

I will definitely make them again - they'd be a great any occasion present!

BNM