Dum-no-more

Ages ago (possibly even last year, my memory fails me  as usual!) I mentioned that one of our things to do for 2011 was to banish the dummy. Well, I failed (because I didn't really want a crying 3yo).

But Monday  night, Neb had a chat with Car and explained we'd be trying with no dummy for bed time. Well she burst into tears and cried so hard she was nearly sick so we gave in (yes we're those parents).

In a moment of mummy strength, Wednesday I hastily made a star chart and persuaded her to go to bed without it. And you know what it worked. She went to bed, sleep didn't come as quick as normal but there was no crying and no sadness. Her little face yesterday morning when she got the first star was fab. It worked again last night too! As we are off out tonight and I've got friends babysitting we are going to let her have it tonight!

With the stars going on the chart well (well 2) Car has decided that she would like a build a bear with a heart in it! Which would be great but our nearest store is Telford! And she thinks that she'll get it with 2 stars!

BNM

Comments