Take one tin

If your like me, you always have one or more tins of tomatoes in the  cupboard. They're such a staple  and great for every meal.

But did you know how far one can go.

Well let me tell you - so far this week - we've had :

Tomato juice to drink
Sauce for Puff Pastry Sqaures
Sauce for pasta

All out of one can.

One can which can cost you as little as 31p (Morrison's current price for value range tomatoes)

So how did we make it go so far.

Well you take one husband (not mine, he's not for rent!)

One hand blender

Some herbs

And an onion

Oh and possibly a sieve

1) Tomato Juice

Sieve tin - keeping juice back - add seasoning, worcester sauce etc to taste
Drink - could even stretch to a bloody mary if you had vodka in the house!

2) Sauce for squares

Add herbs, chopped onion and rest of tomatoes to blender, blend until thick

Use as needed - 2 meals I thought was a good outcome from one 400g tin.

(Sorry for the lack of pictures - it only came to me today how good we'd done!)

On Sunday,we're having a roast Chicken so I'm going to see how far I can stretch that

Check Your Money Before Use Hold Hammer courtesy of [hun255] / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

BNM