Its been a few years.

Ok, so I lie. It's been more than a few. Like you know 9....OK I KNOW..

So what do you do when 9 years after the fact you log back into Blogger and do what. Start where you left off. Another meal plan , another random child story. 

Well you could but round here we always do things differently. 

Let's start with the reintroduction..

I'm Ffion , Ffi if you know me - the one, the original Barenakedmummy, BNM for short. I have more white hair than red these days and I'm the best side of 40. 

The kids are still here up to no good as ever. Keeping me, young and on my toes. Or on bad days old and decrepit in the corner drinking gin. But they're teens now and one has half flown the nest so our home of three is now a home of 2.


Back in 2014 when I last blogged, Car or Carys as we call her was 8. She is now 15 and has all the teen features: dyed hair (check), eyeliner wings to point (check), Streamer merch (check). At the start of stressful GCSE years and sleeping through most of it.

And Bel, well Bel is now Afon. My bloody clever 19yo. The child who grew up and knew their own mind and knew their family would accept them. They came out as non binary a few years ago (that's a story for another day) and having got through the minefield of UCAS is now at uni studying Psychology becuase they are where all of my dad's brains have gone (his words not mine )

And that's it. The BNM family. We've all changed a bit, some have moved on along the way but mostly we're still here. Still telling our truth, bare and naked. 

Comments