But you don't understand me


Crying Eye Image courtesy of [kjnnt] / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

4 little words

4 little words that upset me when my daughter spoke them last night.

Recently we have been banging heads (not literally) and everything I tend to ask her / tell her is moaned at.

So, last night after she had been sent to her room, I went up to see her.

There she was lying on the bed crying. I had to take several calming breaths as I know I can get arsey and asked what was wrong - after a few Nothings I managed to get it out of her. You don't understand me

After hugging her and calming down - I explained that sometimes Mummy's get tired and have so much going round their head that sometimes they don't listen properly and don't get things right

I also told her that sometimes she said some stupid things and then would go on to say I didn't , it must have been a mistake. I told her to Put your brain in gear, before opening her mouth- an adage that I used to get a lot from my parents.

Its worrying though that my 8 year old has become like this, please can someone tell me its a normal phase and that she's just getting hormonal - or is this the start of it all??

BNM

Comments

  1. I think it is a stage and quite often my daughter and me clash and she gets upset - I get upset. its tough being a mum tho isn't it, I try and remain upbeat and positive around them when they really are winding me up and try being forgiving - more forgiving than anyone else ever will to them, it isn't always easy but its hopefully what will make these hot headed girls realise that we do understand them, we do love them and although we can have different ideas we'll always be there to help. my daughters 9 and it scares me that the next 10 years have the possibility to be tougher than the first 10 ever were.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, poor darling, I can remembering thinking no one understood me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless her little heart, my little one (9 years old) has been very hormonal since she was about 7/8 and it's literally some months like living with a mini PMT sufferer. All you can do is cuddle them and tell them it's normal and love them - even with the door slamming and 'you hate me!' fits we get. I feel for you, it's so hard not knowing how to make it better xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont