As I mentioned in my last post I won a prize!



I am still reeling in shock about this!! So the rules of this award are that I have to tell you 7 things about myself and recommend 7 other blogs.
It has been so busy here in work pre student arrival ( roll on next Thursday!) that I'm trying really hard to think of 7 things to tell you about and to nominate 7 other people. I have decided to post 7 of my favourite things as my brain is struggling to find anything else to write about! (Actually I think my brain is struggling full stop at the moment!)

  1. My favourite comfort food is "tost a te" ( too non Welsh speakers toast and tea). This is no ordinary toast and tea, I tell you. Its not just bung bread in toaster and brew tea in pot. No... This is the food I used to have at home when feeling poorly or for a sunday light supper (that's at dinner time 6ish, not supper 8ish , many family argument about what time this is with Neb). So take toasted bread out of toaster, spread loads and loads of butter on it, then add good sprinkiling of sugar (so healthy this!), then pour brewed tea over top, leave to soak and then eat. YUM YUM
  2.  My favourite colour is green. I love it! I could wear it every day except I'm no longer allowed to buy it if out shopping with Neb. He says that I have too many green coloured clothes in the wardrobe and can I at least try another colour. I, of course, ignore him as with my red hair (which is turning grey (gulp)) it matches perfectly.
  3. My favourite sound is listening to my two girls laugh, start Bel off and she won't stop and Car for such a small toddling banshee has a very infectious laugh that makes everyone smile!
  4. My favourite artist is Joshua Kadison. He has now unfortunately stopped recording and so I have to listen to his old songs on i-tunes or Spotify. Many of his songs bring back both happy and sad memories to me, we had Beautiful in your Eyes as our wedding song, and Mamma's Arms always makes me cry. If you want to listen to these you can try here (he's also quite hunky!)
  5. My favourite memory - well I'm sorry but I have several here - my daughters being born (eventually, both 2 weeks late but hey ho!), my wedding day (tears from the start), many happy memories of my mother (too many to list here).
  6. My favourite author, sorry no authors - couldn't decide between the two of them - Sue Grafton and Kathy Reichs. I love Sue Grafton and have been an avid fan for years ever since I got a freebie copy of her book in Cosmopolitan! I read the alphabet series and am eagerly awaiting Q is for Quarry. I also love reading Kathy Reichs books, I have them all and even though I'm trying to be frugal will be buying the new book come payday "206 Bones".
  7.  My favourite quotes from movies are: (again sorry not one but many, this is so hard you know!). So from Top Gun "Hey Goose you big stud, take me to bed or lose me forever" (Neb gets very embarrased when I start quoting this as its normally a sign that I'm a bit tipsy!) and from Dirty Dancing, the film that I know all the words too is " I carried a watermelon!)
I would like to share the love that I have been given with the following Blogs (my apologies if you've already got them!)

Caution..Woman at Work
Wife of Bold
Being a Mummy
Sticky Fingers
Working Mum on The Verge
InsomniacMummy
Arewenearlythereyetmummy

Bye for now

BNMxx

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for the award and for your kind comment on my blog. Hope student reg wasn't too stressful. Will be back. WM x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your award and many thanks for passing it my way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont