The French one

After posting some dodgy Welsh songs last week, I thought I'd prolong my sadness and let you into the other 'foreign' songs I like.

During my second and third year in comprehensive school, I partook in French exchanges. The first time I went it wasn't that successful and lest said the better  (it involved horses, wetting myself and screaming lobsters!) but the second time I went to a lovely family in Brittany (our school was twinned with a school in Brest) and the memories of my time there stay with me now. I got so close to her and her family that when we visited France as a family for the following two years we would go and see them. It is a shame that my French has worsened (or been forgotten) as I would love the chance to meet her again (if I could find her address!!)

My exchange students name was Helene and she had a thing for this next singer. I remember her giving me a copy of the tape (its probably in here) before I left that summer (along with several packets of the delicious chewing gum, Hollywood).

So to Helene, wherever you are, this is to our times together, to memories of drinking champagne, eating horse (or  beef who knows!) and to your grandpa flirting with my mum.



BNM

Bought to you in association with Tracks of my Years.

 

Comments