Land of Song

I bet you've all heard that Wales is the Land of Song and for this week's Tracks of My Years I'm going to treat you to some of the Welsh songs of my Youth.

While growing up, I did listen to predominately English music but now and then I use to go to welsh gigs. We were very lucky round where I lived to not only get Cymdeithas Yr Iaith gigs in a nearby hotel but to also have a large folk festival (called Y Cnapan) nearby.

Unsuprisingly as its Welsh music - not much of it is on You Tube! I tried to hunt down Jess - the first band I saw at a gig, and was about to give up when I found this:



Then I found this, which was of Sobin a'r Smaeliad (aka Bryn Fon another one of my childhood crushes a la Shaky - yes the older man again!)



Now, that was the year I went to Cnapan and it being 1997 was actually allowed to stay over. I went with a couple of friends from university and all three of us managed to fit into a two man tent. We woke early the next morning and found that the two man tent next door to us held 7 people!

 I don't know if I should own up to having any more Welsh music as have just realised that these are both a bit dodgy.

BNM


This is another blog post bought to you in association with Tracks of my Years ( a meme which you can join if you feel like doing so!!)

Comments