Tapes

Dear Bel and Car,

There is a box in the attic (one of many) that looks a bit like this:


To your eyes they look old and archaic, but to me they represent my youth, my times pre university and a few during university. You'll see if you read the labels that some are bought tapes (Hits 3,Jive Bunny and the master mixers, Shakin' Stevens) but most are handwritten copies (The Levellers, Sade, Pearl Jam, Metallica, Roxette etc). Some of them even hold recordings of past top 40 countdowns -in those days when I knew who was in the Top 10 and at number 1. These my girls are my tapes. I treasure them like an old friend, but with the tape deck in my room now dead (it ate a tape, sob!) their uses are starting to wean. I know that I should do something with them but how can I when they are me, my past. One of these days, I will get them out, make you listen to my past, listen to me sing and laugh at me dance!


But for now, I leave you this, a song to make you dance, a song for you to bounce along too:



BNM

 This is my entry into Tracks of my Years to see more, follow the link.

Comments