Grown Up

I don't think I'm particulary grown up but to check if I am there is this test you can do (Ok it may not be a scientifically a test but you know, I may have borrowed it from Mrs M)

Anyway here are the questions:



1. Having a mortgage - no, don't own on house either
2. Mum and dad no longer make your financial decisions - yes even though I do ask my dad if I don't understand something
3. Paying into a pension - yes,through work and a good one too so if Neb ever bumps me off for being annoying and doesn't find out him and the kids will be fine
4.Conducting a weekly food shop - yes,
5. Written a Will - no, and I know I need to do one so back off!
6. Having children - yes two little demons angels
7.Budgeting every month - have tried but fail miserably (every single time)
8. Being able to cook an evening meal from scratch yes loads of them!
9. Getting married yes 
10. Having life insurance - don't know, but you know he gets the pension anyway (see 3!)
11. Recycling yes
12.Having a savings account yes not that there is much money in it
13.Knowing what terms like 'ISA' and 'tracker' mean - ISA yes , tracker not sure erm is it a snack bar?
14.Watching the news yes
15. Owning a lawn mower - no, no lawn mower but we do have a borrowed strimmer (its my god mothers!)
16. Doing your own washing unfortunately, yes
17. Taking trips to the local tip - yes, I bag them and Neb sends them
18. Planting flowers  - yes
19. Being able to bleed a radiator - not a chance
20. Having a joint bank account yes
21. Having a view on politics - yes, except its possibly the same view as I've had all my life
22. Keeping track of interest rates - no, should I
23. Finding a messy house annoying - no I'm a messy person and I don't love it but I don't hate it either
24. Being able to change a light bulb - that'll be because I'm tall and I don't have to use a step then
25. Owning a vacuum cleaner yes
26.Holding dinner parties - we've had one and then we moved and then we had a messy house but I would love too
27. Listening to Radio 2 - guilty as charged
28. Enjoying gardening - I plant things, they grow all by themselves
29. Spending weekend just 'pottering' -is that the same as lazying around then GOD yes
30. Mum starts asking you for advice - would be hard wouldn't it!
31. Carrying spare shopping bags just in case - I have a bag that's big enough to be a shopping bag if needed 
32 .Like going round garden centres - Um, yes and no !
33. Wearing coats on a night out - not always then Neb makes me (because he is really OLD)
34. Going to bed before 11pm - sometimes on a work night because if I don't I turn into a gibbering wreck
35. Making sure mum and dad are phoned at least once a week - I ring my dad and he's never in so will Facebook him!
36. Classing work as a career rather than a job - Yes, not that anyone here seems to want me to have a career (will not bitch about work!)
37. Repairing torn clothing rather than throwing it away - not a chance
38. You iron - No, I burn myself and then probaly the clothes so NO NEVER
39. You wash up immediately after eating - not all the time and then Neb has a fit!
40. Enjoy cooking - YES
41.Buying a Sunday paper - Used to but now try and have a lie in instead (well till 9am anyway!)
42. Always going out with a sensible pair of shoes - I have wide feet, all my damned shoes are sensible!
43. You like receiving gift vouchers always!
44. Work keeps you awake at night only when some idiots wind me up
45.Filing post - FILING = BIN? I do put my tax return in safe place
46.Having a 'best' crockery set - is that the one that still actually matches then yes but its not that posh
47.Being able to change a car tyre - I don't drive so NO
48.Being sensible enough to remove make up off before bedtime - I don't wear any make up
49.Being able to follow a receipt yes
50.Owning 'best towels' as well as 'everyday towels' -No
 
Most of the answers seemed to be Yes so I assume I've passed but as I'm only 35 I  think I'm allowed to be a little bit slack?
 What do you think? Do you think I'm a grown up? Or are you?
 
BNM

Comments