To my dad

Father's day isn't just about the father I have in this house (the father of my children) but also its about my dad. My dad who has taken a lot over the years.
My dad who took is eldest child to university without too much of a fuss!

My dad who was there for me when I failed my degree and picked me up form the station without shouting too much (unlike my mother!).

My dad who whilst his wife had cancer then decided to go and have not one but several heart attacks one after the other (which my mum had thought was indigestion!). He went to hospital and then nearly died on us all (with his organs shutting down due to some drug issue). He made it through the other side thankfully.

Dad was great during the time when we lost mum and then a couple of years later he walked me down the aisle. He had between the time of losing mum and then moved out of our family home a huge four bedroom bungalow on huge land which was too much for him, went to Australia to watch the rugby world cup, and become more independent. I had always thought that he would cope as he could cook, but he had to learn how to iron and everything else. And he did it.

My dad who held is first grandchild with a black eye and a missing tooth (he had apparently fallen down some stairs!), my dad who when questioned was not good at answering baby questions but would always say that I cried a lot! And asked a lot of questions.

My dad who is now a grandad to three grandadaughters ( two of mine, one of my brothers). My dad who even though rarely seen these days is happy with his life.

Dwi'n caru ti dad.

BNM


Comments