How dare you

  • how dare you think that I treat my kids wrong
  • how dare you think that they go to bed on no sheets
  • how dare you be anonymous, hide your name. Are you too ashamed to confront me? To scared to come to me first.
We had a visitor yesterday after someone had referred us for child neglect. Prior to the meeting and not knowing what we'd been accused of I was angry and petrified. But when she arrived, our fears disappeared like popping bubbles.

 She checked the condition of our house (thank god for the tidying, I'm not Mrs Slobette but not always that tidy). She checked the kids and saw that they were well. She put our fears to one side and noted that she was sorry that she had to come. She told us that people could be nasty and when asked by me the question Why, she said Just because your breathing.

The complainant had been anonymous yet the words of the report lead us to clues to your door. We thought we were friends but it seems not. I'm glad you no longer live on the street but am angry at you for putting our kids through this. At making someone think I am an unfit mother!

If you ever put yourself into the situation and make the call, please stop first and think. Do I know them? Really know the family? Should I have a word first? My answers to these are yes. Please do. Please talk to them first and check things are alright before making up bullshit about them. Do not hide your ignorance behind anonomynity. Do not dare!

BNM


Comments