Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

I live by the sea - not right on top of it but if you look out of our dining room window you can see it. I am so lucky that I do because on the weekend when the kids were driving me insane, in the type of way where if you came to get them, I would have very easily given them to you!

So on Saturday, off we went to the park, round the castle, along the promenade to the pier. Now the pier here was one of the first to be built in Wales in 1865 and then you could walk along it to the end. Nowadays the pier holds several bars, a night club and an arcade. So that is where we headed to the arcade, the place of flashy lights and beepy tunes. I changed £3 into 2pences and between us we lost and won some on the penny machines. I don't know whether it counts as gambling but my girls enjoyed it. I then being kind mummy put them onto the horse and carriage ride (you know like those kinda things that I always hate in shops when all I get is Thomas, mummy, Thomas, me go on Thomas pleeeease!) but anyway it kept them quiet. The sea air seemed to calm the girls down until that is we got back into the car and it all broke out again!!!

Sunday, it all went mad again so we went further down the coast to the town where I went to school. Again a seaside town and one which is so packed of memories for me. Round the town we went and walked along the seafront. The seafront here has changed as new sea defences have been put in so while Car and I kersploshed stones (why is it that such a small person picks up the largest stones) and played with seaweed, Neb and Bel climbed the large rocks that make up the new sea defences. Bel loved it and it helped her gain confidence in her ability to do things. Again the sea air worked its wonder and the girls slept soundly that night.

So, Yes I love the sea, I love the smell of the seaweed and the smell of people eating fish and chips along the promenade and even in October there were people eating ice cream (much to the girls annoyance they weren't allowed any!!)

I will be back later this week but am busy bee so please excuse my lack of blogging.

PS I meant to say a big thank you to Mum's the Boss and Treasure Trails as I won a treasure trail in a competiton. It has arrived and it will be used soon! (It looks fab and interesting!)

BNM

Comments

  1. I love the sea too, we live by it and I grew up by it. It is my internal compas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ocean - alas, I don't live near it (at least 2 hours from here) yet. Notice that key word? YET.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up in Cornwall in a beachy family, and have moved to a town with a pebbly beach nearby. I love the fact that you can shop and swim on the same day! And now I live even nearer the shore, not a swimming beach, but a beach all the same. I love it... -HMx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I grew up near the seaside and really miss it. Ice cream on a bright October day - can't beat it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gigi - I have told you before you can move here and I'll move to your house - am sure the kids would behave for you!
    TheMadHouse - I know that feeling its so comforting even the sound it makes on a windy day!
    HumdrumMum - not really a swimming one here but further down the coast is better!Bit pebbly
    HotCrossMum - Unless of course you don't want the kids making a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to be closer to the sea. Just the smell of it, and the sound!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are so far away from the sea. You are lucky to be close by.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont