The Rainbow Affair

It rains a lot here, well I do live in Wales!!
But when we get rain and sun together - not very often we do get a rainbow. I have been lucky enough to see triple rainbows and then those faint rainbows that just appear for a sudden and then go.


Image: graur codrin / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Well , those one that are really faint is what started the rainbow affair on Monday night. It was rainy, sky had gone all dark and we even had some bolts of lightning. Then by the time we had gone to the supermarket and back out again, the sun had come out.
There in the sky it was - a faint sparkle against a grey sky - so me, being a kind Mum pointed it out to the girls, Bel saw and Wawed in wonder and then Car got excited. So excited that when I turned away to put her in the car that she screamed and started to cry as the rainbow had faded away.
The rainbow affair had begun - the screams, tantrums and crying because "Why, mummy, Why gone - has it gone bye bye mummy, has it gone night, night, is it behind the houses?". Car was inconsolable by the time we got out of the car park, and no amount of its ok, it'll come back would stop her.

It amazes me though how when arriving home and finally calming her down how fickle she can be - as the next thing happened and life rolled on again.

BNM

Comments

  1. It's so hard to explain that kind of things to little ones - but they do get distracted and move on eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh bless! Who'd have thought? -HMx

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something magical about a rainbow isn't there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love rainbows - I took a photo of one yesterday. I just cannot help myself!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont