Finnish the day!

So, if you've been around Twitter the past couple of days you'll realise that I was looking to find out more about Finland.

The reason being is that today (for some apparent reason that I would tell you if I actually read the letter from school slowly) they are celebrating all things Finnish at Bel's school.

So, having been told this on Monday and then Bel asking whether she could dress up, I racked mine and some of your Twitter brains:




so apparently its finnish day in Bel's school on Friday, any ideas @notefromlapland .. any easy Finn characters I can make in hurry!
Oct 18 via webFavoriteRetweetReply
And the result....

Well first there was this:


RT @Barenakedmummy: @notefromlapland .. any easy Finn characters I can make in hurry! Huckleberry Finn (dungarees and a straw hat)
Oct 18 via TweetDeckFavoriteRetweetReply
Which I think is fantastic , but got frowned and groaned at my Neb.

So then I finally got hold of the great goddess of all things Finnish @notefromlapland for her ideas:


@Barenakedmummy hello! Finnish character day - moomins!
Oct 19 via TweetDeckFavoriteRetweetReply

BarenakedmummyBarenakedmummy
in reply to @Barenakedmummy
 @Barenakedmummy snowball, snowman... dress her in green and send her as the northern lights.. ummm, i'm not very good at this creative stuff
Oct 19 via TweetDeckFavoriteRetweetReply

So anyway did I use any of her ideas.

Hell no, we went for blue and white instead (Finnish Flag) due to my utter uselessness at being a creative mother!

And then in the car this morning, Bel jumped on me with the question: "Mummy do you know anything about Finland?". Apparently the bit I forgot to read on the letter said that the kids had to find out Finnish facts. She told me that one of them that they had learnt was that Finnish people eat lots of Doughnuts (is this true!).
I then mentioned the Northern Lights - to a reply of done that, The Moomins - done that mummy.
At which point I was stuck and silently wishing I had mobile webdevice. Neb then piped up with : Nokia are Finnish and most of the World's Rally Drivers have been Finnish.

I love the idea that my children get to find out more about countries of the world but wish that my enthuasism for them would be greater and that I could persuade myself to be more creative!

Ah well, half term is upon us so no more random letters for a week!

BNM

Comments